There is only one remote that I can really get away with at BYU...and that's on the basketball post itself.
Although, most nights I am rushing to get over there and don't have time to mount one, I thought I set one up the last night.
With remotes, things go wrong and they shouldn't be relied on, but they do provide a nice angle that's fresh. And when the sports desk tells you how much they love it, it must be good, right?
After setting up and getting the OK, I went back to the media room to eat some free grub (I am never there on pizza night!) and ready my computer for the game.
I walked out and sat on the court when I started having a mini panic attack. What was bugging me though?
The battery was fully charged, it was safely mounted, I had all the right safety cables, and the focus was checked multiple times. But I wasn't sure if I ever put a card in the camera.
I spent the entire first half firing the remote not knowing if I was even getting anything.
After the first half buzzer, I jumped up and had a sigh of relief - there had been a formatted card in the camera.
The only problem was that I had it set on low continuous shutter release, so I was only getting about four frames a second, rather than eight frames a second.
In the end, I got a couple usable frames and moved them, but then again, I kept forgetting I had a remote up most of the game. Hahaha.
Not to mention, I am super spoiled. My Nikon gear looks amazing at high ISO. So my company issued Canon 1D Mark II N is a night and day difference to my Nikon D3S.
Alas, too much complaining about actually getting some stuff worth transmitting from my remote despite my worries and minor issues. Until next time...